Mr. Nimbus, the arch-nemesis of Rick returns after Morty crashes the ship into the ocean. Rick must now have Mr. Nimbus over for dinner to discuss a peace treaty. Morty invites Jessica over for a date, adding more confusion to the night. The link between these two different events is wine; Mr. Nimbus drinks only the finest wine and Morty’s mission is to get the same wine for Jessica. The majority of the night goes wrong for Morty and chaos ensues inside the Smith residence like never before.
Morty: “Just stay with me.”
Rick: “I’m scared Morty. I can see the end. I’m a silly man. I’m a small, silly man.”
Morty: “It’s Morty. From school.”
Jessica: “Oh hey, Morty. What’s up?”
Morty: “Um, I just want to say that you’re really great and I’m sorry that the timing never really worked out with us, but you’re really great and I wish I got to know you better.”
Jessica: “Oh, I mean, that’s a lot.”
Mr. Nimbus: “Richard! You have desecrated the sacred treaty betwixt land and sea! Now face the wrath of your once and eternal foe… Mr. Nimbus!”
Morty: “Sorry, who is that?”
Rick: “My [explicit] nemesis, okay?!”
Morty: “Okay, but what was his name again?”
Mr. Nimbus: “I am Mr. Nimbus!”
Rick: “He’s gonna say that a lot.”
- The title of the episode is a reference to the film My Dinner with Andre.
- Rick’s arch-nemesis Mr. Nimbus is based on DC Comics hero Aquaman and Marvel Comics hero Namor.
- The Time Bird is a reference to the Cosmic Owl from Adventure Time.
- Rick mentions the “whispering in the kitchen” from Fraiser.
- The dimension Morty kept going to for wine is based on the series Chronicles of Narnia.
- The full episode was released on YouTube by Adult Swim.
- The crack in the driveway of the Smith house is still visible from Ricksy Business.
- This one of only a few episodes where Rick or Morty don’t use the portal gun.
- When Morty turns on the T.V., an episode of Interdimensional Cable is shown.
- Rick asking why everyone has gone “cyberpunk bird” is a callback from the previous episode, Star Mort Rickturn of Jerri.