We’ve all seen the classic heist films with the classic plotline. There’s a crew, a mastermind, a chase to find some money or treasure, and of course double-crosses. Films like Ocean’s Eleven are among the most popular in this genre. Heist movies are not Rick’s cup of tea and he wants nothing to do with them. Rick and Morty put a crew together to get into Heist-Con including random characters like Glar, Angie Flint, and monster truck driver Truckula. After Rick dismisses them once they get into Heist-Con, Miles Knightly steals the crew only for Rick to double-cross him and have devices like Hesitotron and steal his own Heist-Con. Heistotron then double-crosses Rick, so he builds another robot named Randotron, who also double-crosses him.
“You son of a bitch, I’m in.”
Morty: “You know, this is great source material for this heist movie that I’m writing.”
Rick: “Don’t get drawn into the culture, Morty. Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing
Rick: “Need some people for a thing, Glar.”
Glar: “My name’s Gleer these days. I play piano.”
Bartender: “Hey, Gleer. Play your piano.”
Glar: “I quit! And the name’s Glar!”
Rick: “Good job Hesitotron. Go ahead and shut down.”
Rick: “Excuse me?”
Heistotron: “I am programmed to always be looking for the next big score.”
Rick: “You’re programmed to do as I say.”
Heistotron: “I am programmed to double-cross.”
Rick: “You’re not programmed to double-cross me.”
- The opening scene where Morty is climbing the cliff with Rick next to him on the floating chair is similar to what happened on Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Heistotron’s calling card, the origami horse is based on the origami unicorn from Blade Runner
- The music montage of Rick putting together a crew is a reference to Ocean’s Eleven
- Rick tells his lab coat to “rip off Dr. Strange“, referring to what Dr. Strange’s cape is capable of
- Out of all the films in the franchise, Rick believes Ocean’s Twelve is the worst
- The statues inside the temple in the opening scene look like they’re on segways
- Miles Knightly’s outfit resembles that of Queen singer, Freddie Mercury
- Mr. Poopybutthole mentions Maya Angelou, a famous American civil rights activist.
- Cracks still remain in the ground in the Smith’s driveway from Ricksy Business
- Hephaestus climbs a pillar of Vomit Grocery, which appeared during Morty’s Mind Blowers.